The new year is here and facility owners, operators and key employees are being tasked to accomplish more with less – less time, less staff and lower budgets. Utility costs are rising, key employees are either leaving or retiring, and often the support that is needed to accomplish lofty sustainability or efficiency initiatives simply is not available.
Often times, we find that building operators are still utilizing pen and paper which is not only inefficient, but can be frustrating, lead to communication gaps, loss of key asset data, and prove difficult to maintain if not properly filed. When you add in a high turnover rate, paper filings can be forgotten, left behind, or even worse – intentionally thrown away due to a disgruntled employee. By implementing a Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) such as Flywheel, you can help to mitigate the risk of lost information and keep a robust and useful digital record across the three key areas of your facility: people, maintenance and energy.
Reduce Energy Spend
- Whether you agree with global warming or not, we can all agree that saving unnecessary expenditures means you can spend that money elsewhere – like investing in equipment upgrades or paying employees more.
Keep Track of What’s Going on in your Building
- Imagine a world where you could pull up a specific asset and know all the information you needed to know within minutes – that is now a reality with today’s maintenance and asset management software. Don’t waste time sifting through file cabinets or scouring through clipboards – the information you need is available on both desktop and mobile. You no longer have to go without! We’ve even come to the rescue when our customer’s preventive maintenance procedures came under question during a lawsuit filed by a guest. By having detailed records that are timestamped and dated, not only are you protecting your assets, but you’re also protecting your business should more serious matters arise.
Improve Facility Reliability
- There’s nothing worse than equipment malfunctioning during an important event, when your key employee is on vacation or when the weather isn’t cooperating. Improve the reliability of your assets through well-planned preventive maintenance procedures automatically set to trigger based on your configured schedule.
Assign the Right Work, to the Right Employee, at the Right Time
- There’s nothing more frustrating for guests or tenants than when they send in a request and the person responding to that request is not equipped to perform the job – like a plumber showing up to address an electrical issue. In the world of hospitality and commercial real estate, tenant and guest satisfaction is top priority, and not only does this situation waste time and cause frustration, but it ends up costing money in the long run. The Flywheel platform addresses this issue and helps to streamline workflows so that your employees can focus on the job at hand.
Peace of Mind
- Owners, operators, and decision makers do not have time to visit each individual facility to determine whether or not it is running efficiently but with Flywheel they can gain insights into their entire portfolio with a single sign-on. It allows key people within your organization to have a holistic view of each individual facility and how it compares to others based on key metrics across people, assets and energy.
Ready to get started? Don’t let another year go by without protecting your key assets.
Talk to an expert today about how Flywheel can help you Run a Better Building.