1. Types of Customer Information Collected and Used. Broadly speaking, we collect the following types of Customer information (collectively, “Customer Information”):
a. Personal Information. This is information that can be used to identify a specific person, such as name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information.
c. Traffic Information. Like most websites, Flywheel’s website automatically gathers certain traffic information and stores it in log files. This information may include internet protocol addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. Flywheel uses this information to ensure levels of service, analyze trends, administer and improve its website and gather demographic information about the website’s user base.
d. Property Data. Property Data is comprised of both the Property’s utility data and data concerning the Property that you elect to submit and publish on or through the Service. Property Data is used for a variety of uses, including, without limitation, to provide and improve the Service, to develop benchmarks to allow Customers to compare their Property’s performance to other Properties and to provide best practices performance standards. To the extent any Property Data is shared with other Customers for performance comparison purposes, all such information is anonymized and does not personally identify Customers or physically identify their Properties.
2. Use and Disclosure of Customer Information.
a. Use. Customer Information provided to Flywheel will be used to provide, operate, promote and improve the Service, and to develop new services. In addition, we may use your email address or other information you provide or that we collect on the Service (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to your Property Data, or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with.
b. Disclosure. Flywheel does not sell or rent Customer Information to marketers or third parties. However, Flywheel may share Customer Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
i. We may share Customer Information with trusted third parties who are integral to the operation of the Services (for example, disclosing Personal Information to payment processors; disclosing Property Data to technology partners). In addition, we may store Customer Information in locations outside the direct control of Flywheel, for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers.
ii. Property Data may be shared with other Customers for performance comparison purposes, provided that all such information is anonymized and does not personally identify Customers or physically identify their Properties.
iii. We may disclose Customer Information to law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if: (i) we are compelled to do so by subpoena, court order or other legal process, (ii) we must do so to comply with laws, statutes, rules or regulations, including credit card rules, or (iii) we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the Terms of Service.
iv. In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, any Customer Information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assign.
v. We may also disclose Customer Information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
3. Data Security. Flywheel utilizes commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Customer Information. Flywheel cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. Flywheel also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Access to information is limited (through user/password credentials and software systems) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. We use industry-standard secure socket layer encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include, but are not limited to, data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
4. Children’s Privacy. The Service is not directed to children under the age of 13, and Flywheel does not and will not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If Flywheel learns that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Service from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
5. International Customers. The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, then please note that you are transferring Customer Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer Customer Information from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any Customer Information on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
6. Changes to this Policy. Flywheel reserves the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to make changes to this Policy from time to time. Please review this Policy periodically to check for updates. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
7. Contact. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact Flywheel at firstname.lastname@example.org.