Technical Support - Software Engineer
Flywheel is seeking an entry level Software Engineer who enjoys highly collaborative work environments using the latest web technologies. Working with our team means you’ll be helping to build a modern SaaS platform, by contributing technical solutions revolving around support tools and database development, interfacing with both the operations and development team, and solving higher level user support.
We are Flywheel, and we are an industry proven startup that specializes in building intelligence. Our software services help users optimize their energy, people, and maintenance to run a better building. There are many great benefits that working at Flywheel includes, such as: flexible work time, ability to work from home, free snacks and sodas, paid vacation, Mac-friendly development, excellent health care plans, and 401(k)+ all within a highly autonomous, while still casual, office environment.
What you will do
- Apply in-depth troubleshooting and debugging skills along with your knowledge of databases and systems to find the root cause of emergent technical issues
- ETL / data integration using custom scripts and queries
- Maintain and increase technical skills and expertise on product releases
- Using documented test cases to validate release candidates on a regular release cadence
- Demonstrating software and training to individuals and groups, both in-person and remote
What we like to see
- 0-1 year of experience in application or software development
- Database operation knowledge, including formulation of SQL or MongoDB queries
- Exposure to extract, transform and load (ETL) technologies such as RedShift or Talend is a plus
- Experience with cloud services like AWS is another plus
- Strong communication skills, collaborating in a team environment, problem-solving skills and capacity to deal with ambiguity.
Local candidates only.
A career with Flywheel includes work/life balance and a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are looking for a collaborative and dynamic team environment with career growth opportunities, you're in the right place.